Art and DT ideas
Linked to our class text of Charlie and the Chocolate family, here are some ideas of activities you could do:
- Watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxNpAgskaWM) about the creation of the 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' ride at Alton Towers. Could you design your own ride linked to the book? Could you make a prototype?
- Design a machine to help Mr. Bucket screw toothpaste caps on more quickly.
- Design a new boat / craft which travels along the chocolate river.
- Look at examples of different chocolate bars and sweets? Can you design your own chocolate bar and packaging?
- Design a golden ticket to be hidden inside a chocolate bar.
- Draw pictures of the different expressions on Charlie's face at various points in the story, e.g. When he opens his birthday chocolate bar and doesn't find a golden ticket, when he finds the 50p in the street, when he meets Mr. Wonka for the first time?
- When Willy Wonka describes Loompaland, he explains that it has 'thick jungles infested by the most dangerous beasts in the world - hornswogglers and snozzwangers and those terrible wicked whangdoodles.' Could you create a new creature from Loompaland? Could you add labels to show its different features?
- Draw a picture of the Inventing Room in the chocolate factory. What happens inside there?
- Design some lickable wallpaper for your bedroom. What would it have on it?