This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This means that we have a Child Protection Policy and procedures in place which we refer to in our prospectus. All staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must ensure that they are aware of these procedures. Parents and carers are welcome to read the policy on request.
- We provide opportunities for young people to express their views and feelings which is supported through the school's use of the complaints procedure, The School Council, as well as accessibility of all staff including, senior managers, and Child Line information and guidance that is readily available throughout the school.
- Lyminge Church of England Primary School provides training to staff in relation to safeguarding and protection of young people that will be provided at the intervals laid out in national regulation and guidance.
- Lyminge Church of England Primary School has recruitment procedures that support the safeguarding of young people, as laid out in the school's recruitment policy and DBS procedure and national guidance.
- Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
Our Designated Child Protection Team:
DSL (Designated Safeguarding Lead) - Mrs D'cruz (Headteacher)
Deputy DSL - Miss Clare Foster
Governors with Child Protection responsibility - Dr Sarah Montgomery/Miss Stacey McShane
Family Liaison and Pastoral Support – Mrs Caroline Soutan CSoutan@lyminge.kent.sch.uk
If your concerns relate to the actions or behaviour of a member of staff (which could suggest that s/he is unsuitable to work with children) then you should report this to the DSL or Deputy DSL. If the concern relates to the Headteacher this should be referred to the Chair of Governors, Tricia Stewart, who can be contacted via the school office.