Children at Lyminge Church of England Primary School use the internet regularly to support their learning and have regular E-safety lessons teaching them how to be safe online.
See our Digital Literacy and Online Safety Curriculum below to find out more details of what we learn about.
Examples of some of our work abour Online Safety, including Year 6's Online Safety videos!
Useful websites for parents to help you with keeping your children safe online:
Child Exploitation and On-line Protection (CEOPS) Centre: http://www.ceop.gov.uk/
- NSPCC Share Aware: http://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- Thinkuknow: http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
- Uk Safer Internet Centre: www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-and-resources/a-parents-guide
- Get Safe Online Advice: www.getsafeonline.org/protecting-yourself/online-gaming
- Safer Internet Day: http://www.saferinternetday.org/
- Vodafone Digital Parenting:http://www.vodafone.com/content/parents.html/
- NSPCC NetAware: http://www.net-aware.org.uk/
- BBC Stay Safe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/curations/stay-safe
- Comparitech ww.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/protecting-childrens-privacy/
We also send out the Digital Parenting magazine at intervals throughout the year, which is packed full of good advice and tips, so do look out for it.