This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy contains the details of our procedures and expectations, which all staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must comply with.
- We provide opportunities for young people to express their views and feelings, and raise any concerns they may have.
- Lyminge Church of England Primary School provides up to date Safeguarding training for all staff at least annually.
- Lyminge Church of England Primary School has recruitment procedures that support the safeguarding of young people, as laid out in the school's recruitment policy and DBS procedure and national guidance.
- Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
Our Designated Child Protection Team:
DSL (Designated Safeguarding Lead) - Mrs D'cruz (Headteacher)
Deputy DSLs - Mr Jonathon Fox, Miss Clare Foster
Governors with Child Protection responsibility - Dr Sarah Montgomery/Mr Mark Towse
Family Liaison and Pastoral Support – Mrs Caroline Soutan CSoutan@lyminge.kent.sch.uk
If your concerns relate to the actions or behaviour of a member of staff (which could suggest that s/he is unsuitable to work with children) you should report this to the DSL or Deputy DSL. If the concern relates to the Headteacher this should be referred directly to the Chair of Governors, Tricia Stewart, who can be contacted via the school office.